The next on-campus CalPERS retirement class is scheduled for Tues., June 28 from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. in Schulz 1121. Those who wish to attend must pre-register at https://my.calpers.ca.gov/. Members must have a user ID and password to login.
• Log into my|CalPERS
• Click on "my education" tab
• Click on "Select A Class"
• In the "Browse by Location Box" select from the dropdown box "CalPERS Walnut Creek Regional Office"
• Check the "Classes Sponsored by Employers" box (note: if you just want to enroll in a regular class, do not check this box.)
• Find your employer's class
• Click on class name
• Click on "Enroll"
• Gives you the enrollment screen to enter your information to sign up for the class.
After attending the class, employees may also elect to request a one-on-one, 30-minute session in the afternoon with a CalPERS representative, for individual personalized assistance with completing the retirement application. These sessions are available only by appointment. To make arrangements, contact Susan Zito, interim director of payroll and benefits, at (707) 664-2178 or email email@example.com.
Over the past year, CalPERS has been conducting on-campus retirement classes every 6-8 weeks. SSU has been advised that CalPERS will not be able to continue providing the classes during the summer months due to competing CalPERS project priorities and staffing issues.
CalPERS hopes to resume the on-campus classes in the late fall of 2011. During the summer months of July, August, September and October, employees may wish to access all the class information using the CalPERS On-Line Education Tool through the My CalPERS website, at https://my.calpers.ca.gov.
Those interested may also visit one of the Regional Offices. Their locations are available on the web at http://www.calpers.ca.gov/index.jsp?bc=/utilities/contact/regional-offices/home.xml. The nearest office is located in Walnut Creek.