Awhile back, following discussion and consultation with representatives of our collective bargaining units, I forwarded the revised statement of Ethical Principles in Financial Management. I would like to re-circulate this item as a reminder. The purpose of this statement is to promote ethical conduct in the practice of financial management throughout the University. This statement provides principles that embody my personal philosophy:
- Act with honesty and integrity in professional relationships.
- Provide information that is accurate, complete, objective, and understandable.
- Proactively promote responsible and ethical behavior in the work environment and in the community, as appropriate.
- Achieve responsible use of and control over all University assets and resources employed.
- Act in good faith, responsibly, and with due care, competence, and diligence, without misrepresenting material facts or allowing one's independent judgment to be subordinated.
I encourage employees to familiarize themselves with rules and regulations of federal, state, and local governments, and other appropriate regulatory agencies that they are required, by law, to comply with as they perform their jobs.