Headliners Include Trio Ariadne, Trumpet Supergroup
A spectacular lineup of resident and visiting artists will give Weill Hall an acoustical test drive performing music for classic and avant-garde chamber ensembles, classical guitar and jazz-based selections for virtuoso trumpet.
The Sonoma State music department's faculty recital series runs from February 4 to April 19, closing with the university's flagship ensembles April 24-26. Tickets are $15, parking included, with discounts for seniors and students. To save time and money, purchase tickets online at www.sonoma.edu/music/performances or call the University box office at 707-664-4246.
Weill Hall Subscription Series
· Feb. 4 -- 7:30 p.m. Trio Ariadne and the Decoda Ensemble (Free; Tickets Required)
· Feb. 21 - 7:30 p.m. Classical Guitar Series: Eric Cabalo and Friends
· Feb. 27 - 7:30 p.m. Jazz Guest Artist Nicole Yarling w/ SSU Concert Jazz Ensembles
· March 12 - 7:30 p.m. Trio Ariadne & the Argento Ensemble (Free; Tickets Required)
· March 30 - 2 p.m. Wind Power: All-Brass Recital featuring the Trumpet Supergroup
· April 4 - 7:30 p.m. Trio Ariadne: Spring Fling (Free; Tickets Required)
· April 6 - 7:30 p.m. Trio Navarro: First in Class: Schubert and Arensky
· April 11 - 7:30 p.m. Faculty and Student Composers Concert
· April 19 - 7:30 p.m. Laxmi G. Tewari, Hindustani vocalist
· April 24 - 7:30 p.m. SSU Jazz Orchestra and Latin Band
· April 25 - 7:30 p.m. SSU Symphonic Wind Ensemble; UC Berkeley Wind Ensemble
· April 26 - 2 p.m. SSU Symphonic Chorus and Chamber Singers
The weekly Jazz Forum, hosted by Jazz Studies Director Doug Leibinger, meets Wednesdays at 1 p.m. in Green Music Center Room 1029. Guests include the Schimscheimer Family Trio (Jan. 29); Mic Gillette (Feb. 19); Nicole Yarling (Feb. 26); and Bonnie Brooks (April 2). Admission is free, however the daily parking charge ($5) is in effect.
Programs are subject to change. For updates call 707-664-2324 or visit www.sonoma.edu/music.