ABOUT SSU PRESERVES
The SSU Field Stations & Nature Preserves provide lands, facilities, databases, and programs that inspire participation, collaboration, and innovation in education and research at our Preserves. Our programs create opportunities for multi-disciplinary collaborations in the arts and sciences that generate new approaches to environmental challenges.
Preserve lands and facilities are available for use by all persons engaged in investigation and learning in the arts and sciences.
The SSU Field Stations & Nature Preserves are owned and managed by Sonoma State University and administered by Academic Affairs as a campus-wide resource. Our staff includes Director, Preserve Coordinator, Entomology Program Coordinator, and SSU students employed through the SSU Instructionally Related Activities (IRA). Over 30 dedicated volunteers serve as docents in our education programs and on land management crews. Our Preserves were generously donated to SSU by private donors, and programs and operations are primarily supported by donations and endowments. The SSU Field Stations & Nature Preserves is a member of CSU Field Stations and Marine Laboratories and Organization of Biological Field Stations.
SSU Field Stations & Nature Preserves
School of Science and Technology
Sonoma State University
1801 East Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928-3609
Tel: (707) 664.3416
Fax: (707) 664.3012
Facebook: SSU Preserves
Dr. Claudia Luke
Student Engagement Coordinator
Matt Thompson, History Assistant
(MA Candidate, ITDS)
Eliot Bilecki, Stewardship Assistant
Jeff Johnson, Stewardship Assistant
Kristi Yost, Computer Assistant