Get Involved: Service-Learning Opportunities at SSU
- For information about partnering with Sonoma State University faculty and students, refer to: http://www.sonoma.edu/cce/partners.shtml.
- To learn more about service-learning and community engagement at SSU, refer to: http://www.sonoma.edu/cce/what_is.shtml#ServiceLearning.
- To learn more about service-learning pedagogies, refer to: http://www.sonoma.edu/cce/resources.shtml.
- To learn about upcoming service-learning workshops, refer to: http://www.sonoma.edu/cce/events.shtml#faculty.
- To reduce your class's environmental impact, visit the “sustainability tool” described at http://www.sonoma.edu/preserves/sweep/certify.shtml.
- To certify a class as having a low impact on the environment, enroll in a Moodle class called "Certify Your Class as Sustainable." The class is available to all SSU faculty at no cost.
To locate the class, go to Moodle (http://ssu.mrooms3.net/), log in, and select "Certify Your Class as Sustainable." Then follow instructions.
- Current service-learning course offerings are listed at http://www.sonoma.edu/cce/sl-courses_s11.pdf.
- To learn more about service opportunities with the Field Stations & Nature Preserves, refer to: http://www.sonoma.edu/preserves/studentopps.shtml.
- To learn more about service opportunties with other SWEEP partners, follow the links on the Off-Campus Community Partners page.