1801 East Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
about this site?
In the past five years Sonoma State University has received
significant financial support from the community to advance
major new projects and programs. The University is responding
to the needs and interests of the people in the North Bay
region by creating new academic programs and facilities.
The concert hall will rival the finest
music venues in the world. It is modeled after one of them,
Seiji Ozawa Hall at Tanglewood. The architectural
firm that designed that hall, William Rawn & Associates,
also designed the Donald and Maureen Green Music Center.
COMPUTER AND ENGINEERING
SCIENCES MASTER'S PROGRAM
Entrepreneurs in the North Bay’s
telecommunications industry contributed more than $8 million
to support the creation of this new master’s
degree program. As a result, the Cerent Engineering
Science Laboratories now house state-of-the-art equipment
for research and teaching purposes. The endowment also will
support faculty in the program.
|DONALD AND MAUREEN
GREEN MUSIC CENTER
The capital campaign to build the
Green Music Center began in 1998 with a $10 million
commitment from Donald and Maureen Green.
then 1000 donors have participated in the campaign,
thus far raising more than $33 million in cash and commitments.
The near-term goal is to raise a total of $39 million
to construct the concert hall and support facilities.
In addition, $7.5 million has been committed to the
campaign in deferred gifts.
The Green Music Center will become the home
of the Santa Rosa Symphony, which has been
an active partner in the fund-raising campaign.
OSHER LIFELONG LEARNING INSTITUTE
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute has attracted many donors
since it was founded two years ago. Edward Stolman,
a community leader and active participant in LLI, introduced
the Bernard Osher Foundation to the program.
The Osher Foundation has provided $100,000 annually for operations
and recently established a $1 million endowment.
WINE BUSINESS PROGRAM
The School of Business and Economics launched
a fund-raising campaign, in conjunction with the Development
Office, to initiate and underwrite the Wine Business Program.
Donors from the wine industry in both Sonoma and Napa
counties have contributed more than $500,000 to this program.
JEAN AND CHARLES SCHULZ INFORMATION CENTER
A $5 million gift from Jean and Charles
Schulz established an endowment for the operations of the
University Library and Information
The Alumni Association has made much progress
in the past five years, expanding its membership
and contributing to a variety of university programs
Membership in annual and life memberships increased
by 16% in the past two years.
An on-line directory and electronic newsletter
have been created for our alumni to stay in touch with the
university and each other.
The Alumni Association funded the President’s
Scholars program, contributing $60,000 annually during
the past five years. President’s Scholars are entering
freshmen with a 4.0 grade point average and continuing students
with an A average.
The Ambrose R. Nichols Jr. and Ronald O. Logsdon III
scholarship funds were fully endowed.
The alumni presence on campus is now visible. The Alumni Association
created the Alumni Amphitheater near Ives
Hall and an Alumni Grove by the Lakes. Alumni
banners now wave at the entrances to campus each fall semester.