1801 East Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
about this site?
face of the campus has changed substantially in the past five
years. While the campus landscape has always been attractive,
the addition of new and remodeled buildings has created a
sense of energy and community for the University.
NEW & REMODELED BULDINGS
The new Jean and Charles Schulz
Information Center was completed in 2000, providing
215,000 square feet of space for the University Library
and Information Technology offices and labs.
Across campus we built the Environmental
Technology Center, which opened in 2001. This unique
building is a demonstration of sustainable architecture
and energy efficiency. It truly is a “building that
|Ruben Salazar Hall,
the location of the former library, was completely remodeled
and opened in 2002. It now houses all the student service
departments and many of the administrative and finance
operations for the campus. We also added 21 classrooms
and laboratories, including the Cerent Engineering Science
purchased land adjacent to the campus, north of Copeland
Creek, and prepared the site for the Donald
and Maureen Green Music Center.
||We completed a new
parking lot that provides 1300 more spaces,
built a new north entrance, along with a road and vehicle
and pedestrian bridges linking the new acreage to the
main campus. The expansion brought new attention to
Copeland Creek. A group of employees and students was
formed to improve and protect the creek.
To complement the many changes to the campus,
we installed new building and directional signs, and improved
lighting. All this was designed to make the campus
safer and “friendlier” for students, employees
We doubled the size of
our residential community by building Sauvignon Village.
With these new apartments we now house approximately 2000 students
to strong student demand for on-campus apartments, we have begun
the next housing complex, Beaujolais Village.
The first phase will open in fall 2003, adding housing space
for another 700 students. The second phase will begin next year.
Adding to campus life, several new dining venues opened:
Charlie Brown’s Café, Ameci’s, and Toast.
For conferences and lectures, we opened the Cooperage in Sauvignon
The students voted to increase their campus fees to build a
new Recreation Center. Construction started this year and is
scheduled to finish in spring 2004.
Sonoma State implemented its telecommunications infrastructure
project, the first campus to do so in the California State University
The University fully converted to new administrative
systems for human resources, financial records and
student records. We were the first campus to make this successful
transition as part of the CSU Common Management System.
We increased the number of Web-based classes
from 266 to 413, and increased student computer laboratory stations
from 249 to 332. Our experts in Information Technology also
manage network connections that increased from 3000 to 14,000
in the past five years.
We renovated approximately 50% of the campus classrooms, including
the creation of 37 “smart” classrooms
that are fully equipped with the most current educational technology.
Number of square feet in Schulz Information
Number of network connections on campus
Number of students now housed on campus
Number of parking spaces added in
new north parking lot
Number of Web-based classes
Number of student computer laboratory
Percentage of renovated campus classrooms
Number of new dining venues opened