Did You Know...?
At SSU, parking citation collections fund most bicycle and transportation programs.
The charge of the Campus Re-engineering Transportation sub-Committee is to address parking, commuter, and transportation topics, and to promote the use of alternate forms of transportation by our faculty, staff and students in an effort to minimize the impact of vehicles on our environment and our campus. We strive to be responsive to campus parking and transportation needs through ongoing review of related programs and collaboration with the campus community, governmental afairnd non-profit organizations. The committee makes recommendations to the Campus Re-engineering Committee or the Vice President for Administration and Finance/Chief Financial Officer.
The Transportation Committee meets monthly during the fall and spring semesters. Members represent faculty, staff, students and the surrounding community. Current members are:
- Dr. Nathan Johnson, Chair
- Cody Smith, Parking Services
- Christopher Dinno, Associate Vice President, Facilities Administration
- Dr. Kyuho Lee, Faculty Representative
- Jasmine Delgado, Student Representative
- Richard Santina, Student Representative
- Capt. David Dougherty, Police Services
- Timothy Hensel, Staff Representative/Rohnert Park Bicycle Coalition
- Carol Ingerman, Campus Planning
- Chyral Robertson, Administrative Support to Committee
Each year, the goals and initiatives of the Committee are driven by the needs of our community. In years past, the Committee has worked on many projects, including:
- Bike to Work Day
- Ridesharing — AlterNet Rides
- Traffic Calming & Pedestrian Safety
- Bike Registration Drives