Welcome to the Psychology Department!
Psychology is the study of the mind, behavior and experience. The department's historical roots in humanistic psychology have evolved to include contemporary topics such as health and wellness, mindfulness, ecopsychology, optimal development, and multi-cultural competence. Psychology is an extremely diverse field that attracts people with a wide variety of backgrounds, interests, and skills. Our goal is to empower students with the psychological knowledge and practical skills that will enable them to be effective agents of change in the world.
The Psychology Department offers a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a Master of Arts in Psychology with an emphasis on Depth Psychology, Program information: http://www.sonoma.edu/depth/.
Faculty Employment Opportunity
Temporary Faculty Position (Visiting Assistant Professor)
One year full-time (academic year 2017-2018)
View job description here
Application deadline: Monday, April 3, 2017
"Why a Major in Social Sciences?"
February 22, 2017 from 12:00-1:30pm, Redwood Lounge in Stevenson Hall first floor
Psychology materials from this event are found below:
Department News and Announcements
- Don't forget to schedule to take the WEPT test to be able to graduate (sign up when you are a Junior/Senior)
- Internship Opportunity at Child Parent Institute (pdf flyer)
- GRADUATION for Psychology held Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 9:00am at Green Music Center
- Congratulations to Dr. Michael DeBellis for obtaining his ABN!
- Congratulations to Mitchell Jenson, winner of best poster presentation at the 46th annual Western Psychology Conference for Undergraduate Research!
- Volunteer with Verity, Sonoma County's only rape crisis center
- Volunteer with CASA of Sonoma County
- Advising Videos
- Academic calendar
- Registration dates & information