During the first two years at SSU, most students take lower-division major requirements and lower-division GE courses. Faculty advisors can answer questions about the major, provide information about specific courses, and provide information about graduate study in psychology. Students choose an advisor based on their interest areas, and may change advisors at any time. Students are encouraged to come in for advising before they register for classes, but note that faculty are more likely to be readily available earlier in the semester. Students should meet with an advisor no later than the second semester of their sophomore year, or if a transfer student, during their first semester at SSU.
Peer advisors also are available and can help you with:
- Directions to finding and reading your Academic Requirement Report
- Showing how to view your graduation requirements
- Information regarding GE classes
- Clarification of University requirements and policies
- Review of your transfer credits
- Help with selecting/changing your major and minor
Where/How to meet with a peer advisor:
Advising and Career Center, Salazar Hall 1070
- OFFICE HOURS: Monday - Friday from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- Can't make it to the drop-in hours? Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our SOCIAL SCIENCES PEER ADVISOR can help you as well!
- WHO: Nicole Bravo, EMAIL: email@example.com
- WHERE: Stevenson 2084
- WHEN: Office hours - Mondays from 12-1:30 and Wednesdays 1:15-2:45