SONOMA STATE UNIVERSITY
Sonoma State University’s mission is to prepare students to be learned men and women who:
- have a foundation for lifelong learning;
- have a broad cultural perspective;
- have a keen appreciation of intellectual and aesthetic achievements;
- will be active citizens and leaders in society;
- are capable of pursuing fulfilling careers in a changing world; and
- are concerned with contributing to the health and well-being of the world at large.
SSU is part of the largest system of higher education in the country granting baccalaureate and master’s degrees, the California State University (CSU). The 23 campuses currently serve almost 435,000 students.
Two 16-week semesters August through December; and late January through May. In addition, summer classes include one 8-week and two 4-week sessions.