Disability Awareness Week
Disability Awareness Week LecturesThe concept of disability is oftentimes overlooked when speaking about diversity. With this in mind, DSS is sponsoring “Disability Awareness Week” from April 27 to May 1. We are hosting a Brown Bag Lunch series open to the campus community, which includes informative presentations on the following topics:
• Mon., April 27 - Lorna Catford, "Asperger’s Syndrome"
• Tues., April 28 - Elaine McHugh, "Being a Saturday Sidekick"
• Wed., April 29 - Peter Marincovich, "Audiology - Deaf/Hard of Hearing"
• Thurs., April 30 - CA State Department of Rehabilitation, "Students with Disabilities Transitioning to Work"
• Fri., May 1 - Anthony Tusler, "History of Disability Services at SSU"
All presentations are from noon to 1 p.m. in Salazar 2014. Please notify the DSS office one week prior to the event if you will need accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 707-664-2677.