Campus Expression Policy
Policy Being Drafted, Town Hall Meeting to Take Place After Spring Break
(To read the background on the Campus Expression policy, click here.)
From the last meeting (discussed on front page), the following process was agreed upon:
1. A blog will be created in the next few days where the progress of the draft policy can be viewed and commented upon. A notification to key media (STAR, Press Democrat, the Bohemian) will inform them of the blog and how they can view it. The purpose of the blog is to make the policy draft publicly available information.
2. Tryon Woods, Chair of the sub-committee of the Academic Senate on Academic Freedom, will join the committee drafting the policy and report to his committee on its progress. That sub-committee will review the draft at its upcoming meeting in order to begin/further the process of Senate review, and afterwards will issue its recommendations to the Campus Expression policy committee.
3. Susan Moulton, Chair of the Faculty, and Dan Condron, Vice President for University Affairs, have a meeting scheduled with Associated Students’ President Heather Hanson to share the draft with her and solicit her (and her constituent's) input.
4. The Campus Expression committee will meet to discuss and edit the draft as needed based upon input from the community.
5. The updated working draft will be posted on the blog (with a comment section), ensuring the progress on the policy is accessible to the campus community.,
6. A Campus Forum (aka: "Town Hall Meeting") on the draft Campus Expression policy will be scheduled after Spring Break where the next steps will be determined, again providing an opportunity for input into the draft.