Disability Awareness Week Poster Contest
Calling all artists, poets, writers and creators — show your creativity and be a part of Disability Awareness Week at SSU by entering the Disability Awareness Week Poster Contest.
The winner will receive $100 Wolf Bucks and their submission will be displayed all over campus prior to Disability Awareness Week, which is Mon., May 3 through Thurs., May 6.
The winner's poster will also be on display at the Delta Alpha Pi International Honor Society Banquet Ceremony on Thurs., May 6.
• Theme: How disability contributes to a diverse world
• Design must include the dates of Disability Awareness Week
(Mon., May 3 - Thurs., May 6, 2010)
• Creative mediums welcomed, keeping in mind that artwork
will be translated to a poster format
• Poster size: 18” x 32” is preferred, but the submission can be
resized if necessary. High resolution electronic submissions
are also welcome (i.e., JPEG, PSD, etc.).
• Must be original artwork: no syndicated, copyrighted or
Clip Art images
• Artwork will become the property of Disability Services for
Submissions will be judged on:
• Quality of design
• Reproducibility to a poster size
• Creativity and originality of the submission
• Appropriate theme using a "positive" approach
The deadline for entries is Friday, April 2, 2010. Entries must be submitted to the DSS office in Salazar 1049 before the deadline. Questions may be directed to the DSS office, at 4-2677 (TTY: (707)664-2958). More information can be found at the DSS website or on the contest flier.