RESIDENTIAL GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The mission of the Office of Residential Life, a unit with Enrollment and Student Academic Services, is to encourage the development of an environment that supports the academic mission of the University, and provides services which promotes the retention of and advocates the graduation of students.
This is accomplished through the following objectives:
• to provide personal support for the individual student in transitioning to the University environment and to provide academic advising and related services.
• to provide a sense of belonging in the Residential Community and the University through providing and supporting social, recreational, athletic and cultural programming.
• to maintain community and an academic supportive environment by establishing limits and enforcing policies which follow University regulations, and limits damage to property.
• to promote an atmosphere that is conducive to creating an appreciation, understanding, and acceptance of individual differences and lifestyles regardless of physical abilities, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender or political affiliation.
• to encourage the retention of residents and to facilitate the student growth and development through Residential Life services and educational programs and through support of selected University programs.