Be a part of Sonoma State University's newest Living & Learning community (LLC), developed exclusively for our returning students: U-Engage. U-Engage stands for "Upperclass Student Engagement". The central theme and focus of this Living Learning Community is based around the needs of continuing students.
This LLC spans across campus, encompassing the Beaujolais, Tuscany, and Sauvignon Villages. Its focus is to promote and enhance our residents' familiarity with resources and outlets, while addressing the specific needs of continuing students such as career exploration, academic success, leadership, and individual development. These four core elements are known as the CALI Programming Model and are the central theme around all programming provided for our continuing students.
U-Engage provides an environment that empowers continuing students to refine their personal identity and to question their purpose within their academics and the greater community. Students have an opportunity to actively engage in focused exploration and to further examine their career aspirations, obtain academic success, participate in leadership development, develop healthy relationships, and explore their sense of self and self-knowledge.
- Students will be able to identify the four core components of the CALI model
- Students will be better prepared to explore their career, academic, leadership and personal development
- Students will be knowledgeable of campus/community resources and outlets
- CSA programs are specifically geared towards Career, Academic, Leadership, Individual Development
- Four workshops offered throughout the Fall and Spring semester that focus on the core elements of the CALI model
- Socials and Receptions exclusively for continuing and transfer students which will help nurture and develop relationships amongst upperclass students
- Collaboration with Hillside Village Council to enhance the experience for our continuing student population
- Interviewing Skills / Tips
- Information on Job Fairs / Internships in the Area
- Action Plan Development
- Connecting with SSU Alumni
- Applying To Graduate Schools / What To Look For
- Advising Skills and Pursuits
- Course Credits for Graduation (GE Pattern for Upper Class Students)
- Outlets & Opportunities to Connect with Faculty
- Peer Advising / Career Peer Services
- Arranged Field Trips
- Discussions with Guest Speakers, Faculty, On-Campus Speakers & Leaders
- Personality Style: What Kind Of Leader Are You?
- Seeking Leadership Opportunities On-Campus and Beyond
- Community Service Initiatives
Individual Development Focused
- Life Skills (Post-Graduate Preparation)
- Cooking / Cleaning On A Budget
- Exploring Human Awareness & Diversity
- Exploring Self Authorship / Who Am I?