Buckle: Sales& Management Internship Program
January 3, 2012 11:30 AM
As a Buckle Intern, you'll gain hands-on experience in many facets of our business--from sales and store merchandising to hiring and store operations. Working closely with an experienced Store Manager, you'll develop an understanding of how Buckle's retail business works and what it takes to excel.
Organized to mirror the first few months of our year-long Management Development Program, the Internship Program is set-up to allow students the opportunity to further explore sales and management positions upon fulfillment of their internship requirements.
- Three-to-four-month paid position
- Position may be full-time (35-40 hours/week) or part-time (15-30 hours/week)
- Accommodates most school internship requirements
- Available year-round
- Upon successful completion of the internship, students may apply for a full-time position as a Management Trainee
Interns will provide weekly reports to their Area and District Managers, updating them on their progress in the following areas:
- Gain an understanding of Buckle's products, sales presentation and merchandising process.
- Learn and practice Buckle's mission: To create the most enjoyable shopping experience possible for our Guests.
- Put knowledge into action by managing a product category - set sales goals, educate
- Team members and track your results.
- Start developing your contacts and network to aid in your recruiting efforts.
- Complete the Teammate Orientation section of Buckle's Management Manual.
- Focus efforts on merchandising and leadership skills.
- Continue to put knowledge into action by managing a product category - set sales goals, educate Team members and track your results.
- Continue to develop your contacts and actively recruit new Teammates.
- Complete the Beginning Leadership section of Buckle's Management Manual.
- Learn about the fundamentals of recruiting and store operations.
- Set sales goals and educate Team members about another product category and track your results.
- Actively recruit new Teammates and be responsible for setting up a recruiting event.
- Choose a section from the Developing & Enhancing Leadership section of the Buckle's
- Management Manual to complete.
- Conduct self-assessment and review with your Store, Area and District Manager.
Start date: ASAP
How to apply: Please visit with a Buckle Store Manager or contact Director of Recruiting, Christie Heacock, at Christie.Heacock@buckle.com or (800) 626.1255 x2480.
For more information, access this site: http://www.buckle.com/jobscareers/opportunities.