Jackson Family Enterprises: Temporary Accounting Clerk
December 3, 2012 2:18 PM
JOB TITLE: Accounting Clerk
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Accounting
REPORTS TO: Accounting Director
DATE: Feb 17, 2012
Provides assistance and support to month-end close activities, account reconciliations and BOM costing.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY/ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reconcile all bank accounts and other accounts as assigned.
• Be able to make recommendations to adjust accounts to reconciled balances.
• Have account reconciliations prepared to audit standards.
Month-End Close Process / Journal entries:
• Assist in the preparation and entry of monthly journal entries in JD Edwards.
• Communicate with different departments to gather necessary documentations and information to month-end close.
• Assist other personnel in department in posting of monthly journal entries as needed.
• Assist with invoicing miscellaneous accounts receivable activity.
Bill of Materials (BOM) Costing
• Backup to cost accountant for costing of BOMs.
• Filing of BOMS.
• Filing for all journal entries and backup for significant transactions.
• Maintain library for all important documents.
• Other miscellaneous duties as will be requested from the accounting director.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or the equivalent in education and experience.
Skills/Abilities: Good understanding of accounting principles and practices. Proficient in MS Office, to include Excel. Ability to prepare simple account reconciliations and business correspondence. Demonstrate ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Commitment to excellence and high standards. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow. Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees. Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm. Show great attention to detail.
Computer Skills: Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel Powerpoint, Publisher. JD Edwards or similar accounting software experience preferred.
Start Date: ASAP
How to apply: Contact Elayne at firstname.lastname@example.org