Jackson Family Wines: Staff Accountant II
December 5, 2012 11:03 AM
As part of an accounting team this position provides strong financial reporting and analysis and assists in the month-end close activities, and account reconciliations.
Provides assistance and support to financial reporting, month-end close activities, and account reconciliations.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY/ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure accuracy of all financial statements, ending in different fiscal year patterns.
• Assist in the preparation of the consolidated monthly financial statements consistent with US GAAP, and monthly financial reporting package.
• Perform gross margin analysis and reports by different levels of aggregation.
• Investigate through communication with different departments reasons for significant account variances.
• Assist preparing documentations as necessary for audit.
• Prepare reports and schedules necessary to support tax requirements.
• Reconcile accounts receivable, revenues, and other accounts as assigned.
• Prepare roll forward schedules; perform tie-outs of subsidiary ledger to general ledger, fluctuation analysis, price-volume analysis, trending, and sales summarization by brand, region, market, customer, etc.
Month-End Close Process / Journal entries:
• Assist in the preparation and entry of monthly journal entries in JD Edwards.
• Communicate with different departments to gather necessary documentations and information necessary for month-end close.
• Perform and document cut-off testing procedures.
• Assist in monthly translation of foreign subsidiaries' financial statements and prepare necessary journal entry to upload to the system.
• Run month-end reports from the ERP system and manipulate data in Excel for better presentation and analysis.
Desired Skills & Experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent in education and experience.
Skills/Abilities: Solid understanding of accounting principles and practices. Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Commitment to excellence and high standards. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow. Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees. Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with positive attitude. Show great attention to detail.
Computer Skills: Advanced skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel PowerPoint, Access, and Publisher. JD Edwards and/or Hyperion or similar accounting software experience highly preferred.
This position is part of the corporate accounting and finance department at Jackson Family Enterprises. We are looking for a smart and flexible team player that has strong financial reporting experience, advanced excel skills and thrives on challenges and can roll up your sleeves. This is a fulltime position with benefits and also lots of giants fans! We look forward to you joining our team and celebrating your success!
December 3, 2012
Wine and Spirits, Consumer Goods
Start Date: ASAP
How to apply: Go to http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=4139852