December 5, 2012 3:04 PM
The firm seeking a tax professional was founded in 1990 and is located in the heart of the Napa Valley serving the wine industry, inns, hotels and high-net-worth individuals. They are one of the top four CPA firms in the Northern San Francisco Bay Area providing Public Accounting services to wineries in California.
This firm is an established, mature firm and believe in having a balance between work and personal life. They seek professionals who have a "life" - not someone who works 60 or 70 plus hours per week. The title of "Team Member" is chosen with much thought. Professionals within the firm are treated as equals - they purposely do not use the usual titles found in CPA firms such as Senior, Manager, Senior Manager, etc. Rather, Team Members are involved in the Firm as peers and all of the members, including the support team, participate in profit sharing.
They are interested in talented Tax professionals.
Here is a brief version of what they are seeking in a tax professional:
• proven Public Accounting experience of at least six years with outstanding tax experience with complex income tax returns
• a professional who wants a balanced "life" - not someone who works 60 or 70 plus hours per week; this is a CPA firm that insists their staff live a balanced life and they do not burn out their resources - i.e., their staff
• solid experience/expertise with International Taxation - preparation of tax returns for those residing in the United States and having business interest internationally
• experience with tax returns for corporations, partnerships, trusts, high-net worth individuals and businesses;
• a California CPA designation
• able to communicate effectively with Customers not sophisticated in finance; able to explain complex accounting concepts in plain English
• experience working in small to mid-sized corporations and family-owned businesses
• a desire to be a part of a high profile, forward thinking, goal-oriented, and market leading professional firm
• experience in the wine industry and/or hospitality industry, while not required, is a major plus
• are driven to succeed . . . as a team
• value ethics, integrity and superior work environment on par with compensation
• have an optimistic attitude; a balanced individual with a sense of humor and able to have fun
The successful candidate should understand that this firm is very progressive and every Team Member is committed to enhancing the lifestyle and community of the Napa Valley.
Please note: This is a professional firm which has consistently been voted the "Best" employer in the Napa Valley. To emphasize this, Mitroff Consulting & Associates will arrange for serious candidates an opportunity to discuss the work environment with their CPAs (other current "Team Members").
Start Date: ASAP
How to apply: Contact Norm at email@example.com, or (707) 963-8410