Ross Stores Inc.: Store Operations Financial Corporate Intern
February 25, 2013 10:29 AM
TITLE: Corporate Intern
DEPARTMENT: Store Operations Finance
REPORTS TO: Manager, Method Improvements
As a corporate intern at Ross you will have the opportunity to experience the world of off-price retail and be a part of a growing Fortune 500 company. This position is based in Pleasanton, California at our corporate headquarters. This internship prepares students for a potential career in retail, allowing you a real-world perspective on a career at Ross. Interns will gain insight into the objectives of their department and the daily responsibilities of an analyst at Ross.
Within the corporate offices of Ross, we will host Interns in a variety of departments including Human Resources, Store Operations, Store Operations Finance, Strategy, Finance, Purchasing, Allocation and Loss Prevention.
The Store Operations Finance intern will have an opportunity to work on parallel workstreams with both teams within Store Operations Finance (Method Improvements and Store Ops Finance) to help drive significant change. They will not focus on one "major" project, but have the opportunity to contribute to a few smaller initiatives that can be bundled as part of their final presentation. Possible projects include subjects such as:
• Perform practical, action oriented, & comprehensive data analysis in support of business and process improvement initiatives
• Workforce Management
• High Volume Store Strategy Analysis
• Self Service Fitting Room Pilot Analysis
• Front End Pilot Management (counting coins, drop safes, cash pulls)
The ideal Intern candidate for this team will have a background in Industrial Engineering or Business and possess the following skills:
• Superior analytical skills, both mathematical and problem solving
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong communication skills; interpersonal, oral, and written
• Ability to work as a team
INTERN PROGRAM OUTLINE:
The Ross Intern program is a 10 Week Full Time program (40 hours per week) for college level Juniors, starting in early June ending mid August. The Intern Program will cover training on project related responsibilities, ownership of a department related project as well as exposure to senior leadership and other departments within Ross corporate.
The main component of the internship will be to analyze a business project within your department while participating in daily department activities. Interns will be expected to present a final project analysis and presentation to senior management and fellow interns.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Must currently be enrolled in 4-year college degree program, business or retail management preferred; must currently be in Junior standing with expected graduation between December 2013 and August 2014
• MS Office with strong practical application of Excel skills
• Ability to demonstrate use of PowerPoint skills
• Strong analytical skills with spreadsheet applications
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Retail experience a plus
Start Date: ASAP
How to apply: Go to www.sonoma.edu/career