Gloria Ferrer: Tasting Room Sales
March 4, 2013 11:00 AM
Are you an outgoing team player with a passion for wine and people? Do you thrive in a high energy, fast paced environment? If you answered yes to these questions and you have demonstrated success in sales, have excellent customer service skills, and are available to work weekends and holidays, then we want you to join our hospitality team at Gloria Ferrer Caves and Vineyards.
Gloria Ferrer was the first sparkling wine producer in the Carneros region of Sonoma when we opened our doors in 1986, and has been producing award winning sparkling and varietal wines ever since. With the exception of a couple winter months, thousands of visitors come from all over the world to enjoy our sparkling wine on our Vista Terrace, which is surrounded by sweeping views of the Sonoma Valley hills and vineyards. As a tasting room sales associate you will provide these visitors with exceptional customer service; education about our wine, our history, and the Sonoma Valley region; and tours of our winery. The tasting room sales associate will also provide the visitors with the opportunity to join our wine clubs, as well as take home our award winning wines. All tasting room staff benefit from individual and team incentives based on sales volume and wine club memberships.
Qualified applicants need to be 21 years of age, have a sunny demeanor, have a flexible schedule, be able to lift 50 lbs., and have previous retail or restaurant/hospitality experience in a fast paced environment.
A Tasting Room Sales employee is committed to providing exceptional service to our customers leading to sales of wine and non-wine products sold in the Tasting Room and contributing to an atmosphere of teamwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. (Other duties may be assigned.)
• Greets all visitors and provides information about our wines and products to our visitors, including information about the production of sparkling wine and the history of Gloria Ferrer Champagne Caves.
• Conducts guided tours through the winery explaining the production of sparkling wine and the history of Gloria Ferrer Champagne Caves, while assuming responsibility for safety of tour group.
• Maintains good stock of wine and non-wine gift items in the Tasting Room.
• Prepares and maintains the cleanliness of the Tasting Room, terrace and tour route for visitors.
• Provides table service of wines to our visitors.
• Handles routine transactions, which include operating cash register and credit card machine. May account for daily sales and bank deposits.
• May be requested to attend special events and tastings outside the winery for special pourings.
Start Date: ASAP
How to apply: Go to https://secure.sterlingdirect.com/jobboard/wrapper/gloriaferrer.htm.