Buckle: Management Development Program
August 5, 2013 9:38 AM
Designed for college graduates, Buckle's one-year Management Development Program is your pathway to accelerated career growth. Working directly with an experienced Store Manager, you will develop the sales, recruiting, merchandising and leadership skills you need to become a Store Manager.
- One-year, full-time position (average of 40-45 hours/week)
- Relocation required
- Competitive wages, excellent benefits, and a generous employee discount
- Set goals of the program with your Store Manager.
- Learn and practice Buckle's mission: To create the most enjoyable shopping experience possible for our Guests.
- Gain an understanding of the Five Characteristics of a Total Performer and Becoming a
- Denim Specialist by completing the Teammate Orientation section of Buckle's Management Manual.
- Put knowledge into action by impacting Guests and educating Team members on a daily basis.
- Build upon your knowledge by completing the Leadership Certification and Daily Operations/Loss Prevention sections of Buckle's Management Manual.
- Put knowledge into action by leading the Team daily.
- Actively recruit for your store.
- Be a part of daily reviewing with Teammates.
- Develop an understanding and apply your knowledge in the daily operations of the store.
- Begin reviewing your completed Management Manual reviews with your District Manager.
- Further develop your Buckle leadership by completing the Developing and Enhancing Leadership section of Buckle's Management Manual.
- Actively recruit for your store and participate in interviewing with your Store Manager.
- Prepare to be a Store Manager yourself by training, reviewing, delegating, scheduling, merchandising, and most importantly, leading the Team to success.
- Continue to practice your skills in preparation for becoming a Store Manager.
Further learning outside your store:
To enhance your learning, throughout the year you may have the opportunity to gain experiences outside your store environment. These may include assisting with a new
store opening, traveling to another store to help lead the Team, spending time with your Area or District Manager, or attending Career Meetings. Remember: The overall goal of the Management Development Program is to share as much knowledge with you as possible--it's up to you to apply what you've learned in order to be a successful Store Manager.
Start date: ASAP
How to apply: Please visit with a Buckle Store Manager or contact Director of Recruiting, Christie Heacock, at Christie.Heacock@buckle.com or (800) 626.1255 x2480.
For more information, access this site: http://www.buckle.com/jobscareers/opportunities.