Benchmark Consulting: Chief Executive Officer
September 18, 2013 11:44 AMLocation: Denver, CO
Department: Curious Cork
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Executive
Curious Cork strives to bring fun, beauty, and joy back into the wine industry. With our light-hearted attitude and positive outlook, deep knowledge and appreciation for wine, and portfolio of unique wines from around the world, Curious Cork aims to offer its distributors a selection of diverse and exciting wines for every occasion. Every wine under the Curious Cork umbrella is a celebration of life!
We are constantly building a portfolio of beautiful wines from around the world that are coveted by distributors and consumers alike.
Our Distributors know and trust us to offer a range of excellent wines for all occasions, and provide the sales and marketing support to drive sales and grow revenue. For more information on the company their brands "Tuscan Sun and Fat Louie" please go to http://www.curiouscork.com
This position will report to the board of Curious Cork.
This position is located in Denver Colorado
The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for and oversee all Curious Cork's Wine sales and Marketing operations, and in such capacity perform such managerial, supervisory, development or executive duties in connection with such operations that are consistent with the title of CEO.
Each Sales & marketing operation will report to the CEO. The CEO will also be
expected to consult and be a resource for the acquisition or development of other wine-related operations or projects (which potentially includes plans to expand internationally) within Curious Cork.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the profit and loss of Curious Cork and each wine sourcing division, all levels of sales & marketing operations, proper financial reporting and controls and strategic planning.
Importantly, the CEO will work closely with the management of Curious Cork, and will be responsible for providing Curious Cork's Partners and senior management with relevant, accurate analysis of Curious Cork financial and operational performance.
This is a highly visible position, and will require significant interaction with members of Curious Cork's senior management teams in Denver.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Ensuring profitable and efficient operations at Curious Cork and each wine sourcing and sales division.
• Structuring, recruiting, developing and retaining excellent senior management and staff at Curious Cork and each wine-making and viticulture divisions.
• Developing and implementing short and long-term strategy for Curious Cork
• operations and each wine-making division.
• Maintaining and enhancing standards of excellence in wine-making and viticulture and with existing and new Curious Cork brands.
• Providing strategic, operational and financial leadership to Curious Cork and each wine sourcing division for sustained profitability and future growth.
• Directing and overseeing the preparation of operating budgets and management reports.
• Developing performance measurements and making appropriate recommendations to Curious Cork and it's partners
• Developing and implementing plans to optimize Curious Cork capital structure and the operational and financial strategies to support growth and development.
• Providing operational and financial leadership in joint ventures, partnerships, acquisition opportunities, outsourcing agreements or other significant contractual arrangements within Curious Cork.
• Ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
The CEO will be a proven and operationally-focused executive, preferably with
experience in a beverage or food manufacturing company with 5-10 years experience. Prospective candidates without wine industry experience must have a demonstrated interest in the wine industry coupled with an appreciation for the dynamics of the industry and an understanding of luxury brands.
Additionally, prospective candidates must have:
• A track record of successfully developing and implementing strategic, operational and financial planning and analysis to a broad range of operational issues in a strategic and proactive manner.
• Experience and success in managing the profit and loss of a larger organization operating in a lean business environment, including hands-on management of manufacturing, sales and marketing and finance.
• Participation in sophisticated transactions, such as acquisitions, divestitures, primary and secondary financing ventures, etc.
• Excellent understanding of operational strategy and financial reporting systems.
The CEO must be a motivated, action-oriented team player with outstanding
interpersonal skills and the ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment. He/She must be able to lead, energize and influence a wide spectrum of individuals, including financial, wine sourcing, sales and marketing and operational staff. Additionally, the President must be able to clearly and succinctly communicate with Curious Cork the operational, financial, operational and strategic results and goals of Curious Cork and its wine-sourcing Partners.
Additionally, ideal candidates will be:
• Trustworthy and respectful of the opinions of others, with a high level of personal and professional integrity and intellectual honesty.
• Self-confident, resilient and intelligent.
• He/She will be an honest, non-political business person with strong leadership traits. The finalist will have a demonstrated ability to address performance issues clearly, decisively and constructively
• Demonstrated ability to get things done, with an emphasis on workload/project
• Management, as well as time management. A team player attitude with the ability to work with and through others in the organization.
• Multi-task-oriented, with the ability to understand and manage complex issues. Intellectual flexibility to drive results in a roll-up-your sleeves, do-it-yourself environment.
An undergraduate degree is required, and an MBA and/or other advanced degree is preferred.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive, DOE. The package will include a base salary and an annual target performance incentive.
How to apply: Visit www.benchmarkhr.com and submit your resume. For additional information contact Dawn Wofford, Managing Partner, Benchmark Consulting 1030 Seminary Street, Suite A Napa, CA 94559, 707-933-1500, 707-933-1508 Fax, email@example.com
The client company and Benchmark Consulting are committed to an equal opportunity hiring policy and work environment.