Capital: Administrative Intern PT
September 16, 2013 12:38 PM
Supervisor: Business Manager
Position Summary: Capital now has an opening for an intern in Admin at our Branch office. This is the perfect opportunity for a current student or inexperienced grad in the Business, Accounting, Management, Sales, Marketing or related fields to gain real-life practical experience with a growing company. This is a paid, temporary internship that could last 9-12 months. Hours would be up to 30 per week, but may vary.
• Provides for maintenance, retrieval, and archival storage of Company files and records
• Coordinates Company communication system activities including telephone, fax machine, and other equipment
• Receives lumber into inventory entering all associated costs including freight and milling cross checking with Purchase Order
• Enters milling and re-man in inventory from onsite and offsite milling
• Issues Vendor Debit/Credit memos as needed to correct receiving discrepancies
• Check vendor invoices for accuracy and code for payment
• Run and review daily and weekly reports associated with responsibilities, such as committed and open sales orders, transaction logs, as directed
• Researches inventory issues
• Reviews reports and transaction logs and verifies as required
• May be responsible for tracking Direct and Broker Sub-hauler certification
• May print tags for incoming inventory as directed
• Assist with Accounting related duties such as GL reconciliation
• May issue RMA related documents and reports as needed
• Perform other work related duties as assigned by supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
• Current College Junior/Senior level pursuing Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Accounting or related field (or grad looking for first level of experience), or newly graduated with degree in same.
• Excellent demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Must have strong working knowledge of computer, including personal computer software such as Microsoft Word and Excel
• Solid work history
• Excellent attendance history
• Possess High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
• Able to pass a criminal background check, drug screen and reference checks.
Start Date: ASAP
How to apply: Contact Bethany West at email@example.com
Capital is an equal opportunity employer.