Napa Valley Winery: Import/Export Specialist
September 20, 2013 9:19 AM
Title: EXPORT & IMPORT SALES SPECIALIST
Classification: HOURLY, NON-EXEMPT
Location: Napa Valley, CA
Position Summary: The Import & Export Sales Specialist is responsible for many aspects of importing wine into the U.S. and exporting wine to international destinations. This can include government compliance, pricing, inventory management, processing orders, generating labels, stickers and import/export documents, interacting with wholesalers and brokers, technical wine sheet preparation, record keeping and other tasks as needed.
• Own the order process form beginning to end. Review all orders received for both import and export, and coordinate delivery or shipment with production, marketing, and warehouse staff. Track orders and work to resolve any shipment or delivery problems or delays. Communicate clearly with all internal and external customers throughout this process.
• Generate all required international documentation, including Certificate of Origin, lab analysis, health certification, and product labels. Generate all materials needed to facilitate the shipment, including bottle stickers, case labels, and other items as needed, working closely with production and marketing to guarantee on-time delivery.
• Coordinate TTB regulation compliance, consulting legal counsel when necessary to ensure quick approval for all imported products. Work closely with all involved parties when label revisions and/or changes are needed.
• Continually track inventory, both at the warehouse and in-transit, to guarantee adequate stocking for allocations, events, promotional sales, library stock, and all other needs. Communicate inventory levels to sales team and others, as needed, to ensure adequate inventory management.
• Manage extension record keeping system on all transactions, for documentation and to assist sales team, wholesalers, suppliers and other personnel. These records can include product logistics (size, weights, measurements etc,), pricing, vintage changes, allocations, release dates, and more. Enter and review data, keeping system current and accurate.
• Manage all product coding, which includes creating UPC, EAN, SCC codes and tracking existing codes.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
• Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions. French language skills, written & spoken, recommended.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees, and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to pay attention to minute details of a project or task.
• Research skills necessary to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet. Ability calculate items such as discounts, commissions, simple interest, percentages, areas, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to a variety of tasks and duties. Ability to adapt to minor changes in routine and solve basic problems.
• Innovative-Ability to strive for new solutions to challenges.
• Possess intermediate computer skills which can include e-mail, internet, word processing, spreadsheet, basic database activity, graphic arts and/or publishing.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year college or university; or 12-24 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver's License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, handle items, and work with the fingers. May require lifting and moving objects up to 20 lbs in weight. Clear vision, close and distant, and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for telephone and office level conversation.
• Well lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Minimal noise level typical of business office: computers, printers, telephones, light traffic. May or may not include periods in autos, airplanes, and/or lodging facilities.
Schedule and Travel Requirements:
• Regular business schedule: Monday through Friday. Limited overtime possible.
• Position does not require overnight travel; however some travel may be possible.
Start Date: ASAP
How to apply: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.