News, blogs, events

On your mark, get set, go Sonoma State!

September 25, 2013 1:41 PM

Rohnert Park, CA- On Saturday, October 5th, students, alumni, faculty, and community members are invited to participate in the 5th annual Tour de Campus, a 5k charity fun run around the Sonoma State University campus, put on by the Sonoma State University School of Business and Economics and the Accounting Forum.

Everyone can put on a suit to compete in the Dean's Challenge. For the runners who beat Dean Silver to the finish line wearing business attire (running shoes ok) he will make a donation in honor of Summer Search, an organization dedicated to finding resilient low-income high school students and inspiring them to become responsible and altruistic leaders. Participants are also invited to enter a raffle and dress in costume for a chance to win extra prizes.

Registration starts at 10:00 a.m. with the race starting at 11:00 a.m., at the main quad (between Salazar and the Commons.) Tickets are $10 at the door and include a t-shirt, BBQ lunch, and the chance to help low-income students receive the education and support they deserve. 

"Summer Search has taught me to have a deeper belief in my ability to be successful," explained Joe Munayer, a junior who is the community service chair for the Accounting Forum and has personal experience with Summer Search. "Throughout the years of working with them, they have constantly set me on the path to become the best me I can be, and have laid a foundation for me to accomplish any goal or dream I possess."

Summer Search benefits low-income students by offering year-round mentoring, full scholarships to summer experiential educational programs, individualized college and financial aid advising, and even resources for students in and after college.

For more information email sonoma5k@gmail.com.

See you there!

Contact SBE
Contact SSU
Sonoma State University School of Business and Economics. Reach.
1801 East Cotati Avenue, Rohnert Park, CA, 94928 • 707-664-2377 16387