The Healdsburg School: Mandarin Instructor
September 25, 2013 10:22 AM
Provide instruction in Mandarin Chinese for children in grades K through 8 in a private school setting in Sonoma County, California. Work within the current curricular structure to develop activities to bring the material to each class in a lively creative manner. Prepare lesson plans for each class, liaising with Lead Teachers, and communicate effectively and professionally with parents, teachers, and students in both verbal and written formats. Prepare and correct homework and assist students who need extra help, by tutoring and differentiating. Attend weekly faculty meetings and participate assemblies and other events contributing to the running and life of the school. Observe and evaluate students' performance and create meaningful lessons to assist them in progressing. Prepare evaluations each trimester that accurately reflect students' progress.
This full-time position starts immediately.
• 3 years minimum teaching experience, 5 years preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree required, M.A. preferred
• Strong classroom management skills
• Experience with inquiry based learning, and child-centered approach
• Positive attitude and passion for working with children
• Willingness to collaborate with Lead Teachers
• Experience integrating technology into the classroom, including interactive boards
Start Date: ASAP
How to apply: contact Paula Dougherty, Director of Operations, The Healdsburg School at email@example.com or 707-433-4847.