Skechers: Retail Warehouse Outlet 2nd Assistant Manager
September 25, 2013 11:15 AM
Reports to: Store Manager
Department STORES JOB CODE: 100010
Manage the day to day operations and personnel of a warehouse outlet store as directed by the store manager and 1"t assistant manager. This is a Lead position which delegates daily work assignments as directed by management in the absence of management. Responsible for documenting dally incidents either from customers or employees and give to management to handle. This position is not to confront employees on personnel Issues rather to document and notify management. Responsible for obtaining or receiving merchandise, totaling bills, accepting payment, and making change for customers in our retail stores. It is a condition of employment that you are flexible with regard to hours and days worked and we may need to Increase your hours or to decrease your hours based on the needs of our business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sell multiple products to customers, meet and greet, service customers
• Delegates and oversees tasks directed by store manager to employees.
• Ensure that Warehouse store visual standards are met at all times by ensuring the proper mix and depth in key SKU's. Ensures that price-point drivers are in place to drive unit sales and liquidate product (i.e., end caps, floor stacks and hash racks are full and properly maintained to standards).
• Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise.
• Obtains merchandise requested by customer or receives merchandise selected by customer.
• Answers customer's questions concerning merchandise.
• Totals price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bitt.
• Accepts payment and makes change.
• Wraps or bags merchandise for customers.
• Removes and records amount of cash in register at end of shift.
• Calculates sales discount to determine price.
• Confer with management to ensure that banking deposits are made dally.
• Assist store manager in the development of all employees by training them In the following: heavy amounts of stock processing, pricing of boxes, filling and stocking floor racks and back stock racks, store maintenance, product knowledge, product placement, store operations, warehouse merchandising standards, warehouse customer service standards, Increasing unit sales and all company policies/procedures.
• Lead by example and work along-side staff performing work and teaching best practices (I.e., shifting bins and walls of product). Physical work load and manual labor to be performed by management may be heavy (warehouse environment),
• Assist store manager in exceeding Camp Sales and/or Sales Plan by training and coaching employees to execute operational efficiencies In order to drive-out a high velocity of units via price point. Ensure customer Interaction expectations are focused on driving multi-pair sales.
• Opens and closes store as directed by store management.
• Ensures that the store is secured at closing (I.e., doors locked, safe locked, alarms are set).
Create an exciting, motivated, well-trained staff.
• May be assigned to other locations based on business needs.
• Effective communication and writing skills required.
• Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task are essential.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with constant shifting priorities.
• Ability to complete assigned work, projects and time-lines as expected within this Fast, ever-changing environment.
• Assist in creating and maintaining a fun and exciting store environment (IE: plan fun bounce-houses, clowns, face painters, exciting games, etc.).
• Assist in performing bi-weekly/monthly in-store Inventories.
• Coach, teach and train staff on warehouse store operation and visual standards.
• Present a professional Image In appearance, words and action. Demonstrate professionalism and a personable manner which inspires their staff to do the same.
• Train staff on professional image in appearance and conduct.
• Build positive team relations, demonstrate ethical behavior.
• Maintain all safety guidelines.
• Manage all supervisory functions pertaining to warehouse store operating procedures and operations guidelines.
To perform this job successfully, an Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Individuals with disabilities to perform the essential Functions.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
• A high school education or greater.
• 1 year minimum retail management experience-footwear background preferred.
• Hands on working knowledge of retail systems, human resources best practices and operations.
• Prefer prior big-box retail experience.
• Must have experience managing large amounts of Inventory.
• Proficiency In computers.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedures, and operating and maintenance instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Must have a background report (t.e. Criminal, Credit, DMV, Social Security) conducted and approved by the Loss Prevention Department.
Limited Direct Supervision, this position is part of management, and this position must be hands on and delegate work flow and report to management on issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those in which the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to very loud music. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Start Date: ASAP
How to apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com