Fastenal: Sales Support (part-time)
February 27, 2014 4:29 PM
The Fastenal Company would like to invite ambitious, hard-working individuals to apply for the position of part-time Sales Support. Applicants should be able to bring new ideas and improvements to business practices; remain fair, respectful and moral in all situations; and work well both independently and as part of a team.
Since 1967 Fastenal has grown from a single store to more than 2,600 locations, each providing tailored local inventory and personal service for our customers. As we've expanded across the world, we've retained a core belief in people and their ability to accomplish remarkable things - if given the opportunity. From this philosophy stems an entrepreneurial culture that challenges every employee to run their own business, create their own success, and rise up to become company leaders.
As a debt-free company that typically doubles in size every four to five years, we are committed to training, promoting from within, and creating opportunities for our employees. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking to make your mark as part of an elite growth company, you won't find a better fit than Fastenal.
Working as a part-time Sales Support employee, you must have a strong interest in sales and enjoy working in a fast-paced challenging environment. This is an entry level position that offers a flexible schedule, working daytime hours Monday-Friday, and providing assistance to our customers from our store located at 4717-1 & 4725-1 District Blvd., Bakersfield, CA.
The duties and responsibilities of this position are service-based and will present new and diverse challenges daily. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with sales/customer service
- Managing inventory
- Placing and fulfilling orders
- Receiving and shipping inventory
- Performing local sales calls and deliveries with company vehicle
The skills and qualifications required for this position include:
- 18 years of age or over
- A valid driver's license and the ability to meet our driving record requirements
- The ability to demonstrate Company values of Innovation, Teamwork, Ambition, and Integrity
- A strong aptitude for sales and a desire to sell
- Strong computer skills and math aptitude
- An interest in career advancement
- The ability to lift, slide and lower packages that typically weigh 25lbs-50lbs and may weigh up to 75lbs
- Possess or are working towards an Associates Degree in Business/Marketing OR have equivalent industry experience and knowledge of the local market
- Ability to pass the required drug test (applicable in the US, Puerto Rico, and Guam ONLY).
Fastenal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Start Date: ASAP
How to Apply: www.fastenal.com