Fastenal: Sales Trainee (full-time)
February 27, 2014 4:34 PM
The Fastenal Company would like to invite ambitious, hard-working individuals to apply for the position of Sales Trainee (full-time). Applicants should be able to bring new ideas and improvements to business practices; remain fair, respectful and moral in all situations; and work well both independently and as part of a team.
Since 1967 Fastenal has grown from a single store to more than 2,600 locations, each providing tailored local inventory and personal service for our customers. As we've expanded across the world, we've retained a core belief in people and their ability to accomplish remarkable things - if given the opportunity. From this philosophy stems an entrepreneurial culture that challenges every employee to run their own business, create their own success, and rise up to become company leaders.
As a debt-free company that typically doubles in size every four to five years, we are committed to training, promoting from within, and creating opportunities for our employees. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking to make your mark as part of an elite growth company, you won't find a better fit than Fastenal.
Working in the role of Sales Trainee, you will have the opportunity to balance formal training with real-world experience running a store and working with customers. It's a great way to learn the ropes of our fast-paced industry and potentially transition into a Sales Associate or Outside Sales position. Fastenal Company is currently seeking candidates for a Sales Trainee position at our store located at 2410 Wardlow Road Suite 111, Corona, CA.
The training experience includes hands-on, on-line, and classroom training offered through our corporate university. The training program for current employees who are promoted into these positions will vary based on prior experience with the company.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Inventory Management
- Waiting on Customers
- Packaging Orders
- Delivering product
The skills and qualifications required for this position include:
- 18 years of age or over
- Able to work up to 45 hours per week (overtime eligible)
- A strong aptitude for sales and desire to earn commission after the training period
- A valid driver's license and the ability to meet our driving record requirements
- The ability to demonstrate Company values of Innovation, Teamwork, Ambition, and Integrity
- Strong computer skills and math aptitude
- The ability to lift, slide and lower packages that typically weigh 25lbs-50lbs and may weigh up to 75lbs
- Possess or are working towards an Associate Degree in Business/Marketing OR have equivalent industry experience and knowledge of the local market
- Ability to pass the required drug test (applicable in the US, Puerto Rico, and Guam ONLY)
Fastenal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Start Date: ASAP
How to Apply: www.fastenal.com