Jackson Family Wines - Accountant
August 12, 2014 2:00 PM
VinLux Fine Wine Transport is a joint venture between two family owned companies Biagi Bros. Warehousing & Transportation and the Jackson Family. Vin Lux offers a concierge level of service and handling of premium and luxury wines and can efficiently and accurately deliver to over 10,000 accounts throughout California. Equipped with 25 temperature-controlled delivery trucks that feature real-time tracking capability, and a computerized, temperature-controlled warehouse strategically located in Northern California. Vin Lux is transporting 1,500 orders per day and tracking more than 12,000 different wines.
Provides assistance and support for financial reporting, month-end close activities, billing, and account reconciliations.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY/ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure accuracy of all financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial statements consistent with US GAAP, and monthly financial reporting package.
- Investigate through communication with different departments reasons for significant account variances.
- Assist preparing documentations as necessary for audit.
- Reconcile accounts receivable, revenues, and other accounts as assigned.
Month-End Close Process / Journal entries:
- Assist in the preparation and entry of monthly journal entries in JD Edwards.
- Communicate with different departments to gather necessary documentations and information necessary for month-end close.
- Assist with Accounts Payable and Accounts receivables, including transactions into JDE as needed.
- Coordinates monthly financial packet.
- Other miscellaneous duties as will be requested from the controller.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Good understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Demonstrate ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Show great attention to detail.
- Computer Skills: Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- JD Edwards or similar accounting software experience required.
Start Date: ASAP
How to Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org