Marketing and Communications Intern
August 6, 2014 9:31 AM
The Sonoma Valley Chamber of Commerce (SVCOC) has been the voice of local business and a key community partner since 1909, helping to ensure a thriving economy by providing business advocacy, promotion, networking, education, and economic development services.
With over 400 members, the Sonoma Valley Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to:
- developing innovative programs and partnerships that enhance and promote business and a strong local economy
- communicating information on relevant business trends
- being a leader in legislative advocacy for business interests on the city, county, state, and local levels, and
- providing networking and leadership opportunities for members.
Description: The Sonoma Valley Chamber of Commerce seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for well-known community based nonprofit organization and interacting with local Chamber members.
- Update and maintain SVCOC's social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing weekly E-Newsletter
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing bi-monthly Member Mail
- Update the SVCOC website weekly
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Office reception, including: responding to calls, voicemails, emails, and social media correspondences
- Event support as needed, including: photography; marketing and promotion; preparing supplies/materials; day of assistance as needed
- Administrative assistance, including: Chamber membership database maintenance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English,
- Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
Start Date: Week of Monday, September 1st
How to Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Hours: 20 hours/week in the office.