August 13, 2014 3:51 PM
The Volunteer Coordinator (VC) is the overall manager of the agency's volunteer services, including recruitment, placement and stewardship of volunteers. The VC develops and administers the policies/procedures applicable to volunteers at Catholic Charities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Direct: 2-5 volunteers, Indirect: 700 volunteers
- Frequently consult with all departments within Catholic Charities to determine needs for various volunteer services, and equip departments to create volunteer job descriptions to meet these needs.
- Recruit volunteers to fill needed positions using newspaper ads, online volunteer referral services, organizations like the Volunteer Center of Sonoma County, and in-person networking events.
- Interview, screen, orient, and refer applicants to appropriate programs.
- Arrange for on-the-job and other required training, supervision and evaluation of volunteers.
- Serve as liaison between administration, staff, and volunteers, resolving volunteer-related issues as they arise, with help of Human Resources.
- Maintain a database of volunteer workers and hours of work; prepare and present reports to management staff; recommend necessary changes or adjustments to the volunteer program.
- Maintain volunteer handbooks and materials.
- Plan, assign and direct the work of volunteers assisting the Volunteer Coordinator function.
- Work with programs to coordinate frequent volunteer appreciation events and activities.
- Regularly recommend volunteers who may have capacity and interest in becoming financial supporters.
NOTE: Catholic Charities considers this position to be a mandated reporter of child abuse.
- Participate in fund-raising activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- College degree required.
- Minimum one year experience coordinating large numbers of volunteers.
- Experienced user of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Access.
- Experienced user of Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social media sites.
- Ability to enter data accurately and quickly and prepare clear reports based on the data.
- Ability to supervise, motivate, train and monitor performance of volunteers, and bless and release those who are not a fit for their role.
- Ability to make effective presentations to large and small groups of stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and informative manner with people from a wide variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds and lifestyles.
- Ability to work independently and possess strong time management skills.
- Strong organizational ability; attention to detail and accuracy. Demonstrated ability to attend to detail and manage substantial load of paperwork.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Valid California driver's license and legally required insurance (a minimum).
- Must successfully pass fingerprinting check prior to start of employment.
- Appreciation of the role of a church-affiliated agency in the human service field.
- Requires ability to sit up to 6-8 hours per day with intermittent occasional walking, standing, bending, squatting and climbing.
- Occasionally may be required to lift items up to 10 pounds to a height up to 6 feet and 11-40 pounds to a height of 3 feet.
- Occasionally may be required to carry items up to 40 pounds for distances up to 25 feet.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $17-18 per hour, full benefits
How to Apply: For Application Visit our Website: www.srcharities.org