Evening MBA Prerequisites
Foundation Course Options
Prior to acceptance to the program and taking graduate level courses, you must complete the following MBA program prerequisite, or "Foundation Courses" with a grade of C or better.
- Introduction to Macroeconomics (ECON 204)
- Introduction to Microeconomics (ECON 205)
- Business Statistics (BUS 211)
- Financial Accounting (BUS 230A)
- Managerial Accounting (BUS 230B)
- Organizational Behavior (BUS 344 or BUS 504)
- Introduction to Marketing (BUS 360 or BUS 506)
- Introduction to Managerial Finance (BUS 370 or BUS 507)
In order to complete the above listed foundation courses you have three options:
- 200-level courses listed above, in parentheses, can be taken at SSU. Alternatively, equivalent courses may be taken at the junior college of your choice.
- 300-level courses must be completed at a four-year institution.
- 500-level courses can be completed in the MBA Foundation Course series offered through SSU's School of Extended Education.
BUS 504 Foundations of Organizational Behavior
BUS 506 Foundations of Marketing
BUS 507 Foundations of Financial Management
The series is offered in the Spring semester only and will be held in the evening. The courses may be taken individually if you do not need all three courses. They are offered sequentially, each lasting approx. 5 weeks. The class method will vary by instructor and will likely be hybrid classes involving work in the classroom as well as online.
Registration is now open.
Wine Business Courses/Experience
Those wanting to apply for the Wine Business MBA must have completed either 24 units of wine related course work, or 24 months of wine industry work experience, or any combination thereof.
This requirement may be met by completing the Online Wine Business Management Certificate offered by SSU's Wine Business Institute.
All applicants will also need to provide documentation of the following:
Completion of a Bachelor's degree.
GMAT score (taken within the last 5 years).
2.5 GPA in the last 60 units of course work.
Access a checklist for the MBA admission requirements (pdf).
For further information contact us:
Christine Pinella, Assistant Coordinator of Graduate Programs - (707)664-3501 or email@example.com