The School of Business and Economics (SBE) Career Center enhances the employability of SBE students and the brand name of SSU so our students secure rewarding jobs upon graduation.
Meet our Team
Sarah Dove, M.I.M.
Director, School of Business and Economics Career Center
Sarah has worked in human resource management offices in the food and agribusiness industries in America and the hi-tech industry of Japan. She specializes in training in the areas of cross-cultural communication and managing workplace cultural diversity. Currently, she teaches management courses in the School of Business and Economics at SSU.
Duane Dove, Ph.D.
Director, School of Business and Economics Internship Program
Duane, Senior Professional in Human Resources, has broad training in human resources as an organizational psychologist. His work at General Electric, Ford Motor, Westinghouse and other smaller organizations has given him considerable experience in human resources issues within businesses and government agencies. He also has experience as a manager in a union setting. His special interests relate to equal employment opportunity and strategic human resource management.
Tracy Navas, Coordinator
Career and Student Services
Tracy has worked in the School of Business and Economics since 2002. She has served as Assistant to the Dean and Administrative Coordinator to the School. In 2009 her responsibilities were revised and she is happy to be a member of the SBE Career Center team coordinating career and student services.
As SBE Career Center Executive Council members the following individuals help us reach all corners of the North Bay employment community. Like "ambassadors" they attend events in the community and connect with business professionals to spread the word about the Center to their colleagues and other professionals, recommending our students and programs as appropriate.
The SBE Career Center extends a special thank you to the following Executive Council members:
- Bill Beyer, Chief Financial Officer, Raydiance Corporation
- Holly Clarke, Community Relations Specialist, Kaiser Permanente
- Walter Collins, Independent Businessman and Entrepreneur
- Tom Duryea, President and CEO, Summit State Bank
- Shirley Gordon, VP of Operations, State Farm Insurance
- Linda Higueras, Employee Relations Specialist, Silver Oak Cellars
- Trevor Howe, Key Account Executive, Impress Northwestern
- Tim Moratto, Partner, Pisenti and Brinker
- Mark Nelson, President and COO, Tech Workers
- Jose Obregon, Director of Administration, County of Sonoma, General Services Dept.
- Bob Reynolds, Owner, Innovative Business Solutions, Inc.
- Shannon Swartz, Store Manager, Target
- Jon Sooy, VP of Sales and Marketing, Golden Pacific Systems
- Bill Vick, Sr. VP of Wealth Management, Vick/Cho Group
- Mark Warnell, H.R. Consultant, The HR Matrix
Visit, Contact, Connect
The SBE Career Center is located on the second floor of Stevenson Hall, Room 2021. This location is available for student activities, for companies to conduct on campus interviews and for one on one personalized consulting in support of students achieving their career vision and companies meeting their organizational needs.
Please contact Sarah Dove or Tracy Navas if you have any questions or if you are interested in learning more about SBE Career Center services and activities:
Sarah Dove, Director
SBE Career Center
Office: Stevenson 2019
Duane Dove, Director
Office: Stevenson 2017
Tracy Navas, Coordinator, Career and Student Services
School of Business and Economics
Office: Stevenson 2042