Careers and Internships
Students, reach for your dream. Companies, reach out to our talent. Alumni reach out to our growing network.
If you're a student, our services will ready you for this world of business that isn't always taught in the classroom. If you're a company looking to hire our students, our team will connect you with students ready to grow with your organization's needs. If you're an alumnus, you can find out how to get involved with your alma mater.
Get Started Now
Students:Sign up for the Career Center Listserv (our list serve) to receive the latest information on programs and fast approaching deadlines. When prompted with this question, "Would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily digest?", please select NO. When you subscribe, you will receive an email requesting confirmation. Check your SPAM folder if you don't see the email. You must respond to the email to get on the mailing list.
Fifty percent of US college graduates enter sales as their first career. Learn more about the Professional Sales Certificate.
Companies: Receive a monthly e-postcard from us by sending your contact information to Sarah Dove
Alumni: Connect with us on Linkedin to network and stay abreast of SBE activity (Sonoma State School of Business and Economics Students and Grads).
Meet our Team
Sarah Dove, Director of the SBE Career Center
Sarah is an excellent connection to make. From working with students on the nuts and bolts of developing competitive advantage, to developing relationships with employers, Sarah helps fuel the talent pipeline in the North Bay. Connect with Sarah today at 707-664-2548 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Duane Dove, Ph.D., Director, SBE Internship Program
Duane, Senior Professional in Human Resources, has broad training in human resources as an organizational psychologist. His work at General Electric, Ford Motor, Westinghouse and other smaller organizations has given him considerable experience in human resources issues within businesses and government agencies. He also has experience as a manager in a union setting. His special interests relate to equal employment opportunity and strategic human resource management. Reach out to Duane regarding internship opportunities and sign-ups at 707-664-2954 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tracy Navas, Program Coordinator, Career & Student Services
Tracy is instrumental in ensuring the success of all Career Center programs and activities. She works with student and employers alike, providing flawless communication and execution in all she does. Contact Tracy at 707-664-2366 or e-mail her at email@example.com
Executive CouncilAs SBE Career Center Executive Council members the following individuals help us reach all corners of the North Bay employment community. Like "ambassadors" they attend events in the community and connect with business professionals to spread the word about the Center to their colleagues and other professionals, recommending our students and programs as appropriate.
The SBE Career Center extends a special thank you to the following Executive Council members:
- Marina Acklin, The Sherwin Williams Company
- John Byers, Chauffeur Manager, Pure Luxury Transportation
- Greg Clefisch, Manager of College Recruiting, Southern Wine & Spirits
- Bethany Doss, Business Manager, Capital Lumber
- Warren Eik, HR Manager, Enphase Energy
- Jim Geist, Regional Vice President, Nelson Associates Financial Recruiting & Consulting
- Carol Harris, Community & Government Relations Manager, Kaiser Permanente
- Stefanie Loop, Recruiter, Francis Ford Coppola Winery
- John McGovern, Director of Finance and Administrative Services, Chateau Montelena Winery
- Christina Mertensotto, Marketing Manager, Summit State Bank
- Tim Moratto, Partner, Pisenti and Brinker
- Dean Robinson, District Team Leader, Target Stores
- Steven Salfi, District Sales Manager, Fastenal
- Jon Sooy, VP of Sales and Marketing, Golden Pacific Systems
- Ivan Taylor, The Sherwin Williams Company
- Bill Vick, Sr. VP of Wealth Management, Vick/Cho Group
- Tennis Wick, Director of Permit/Resource Management Department, County of Sonoma
- Stephanie Wittler, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Enterprise Holdings
- Sheri Wood, Payroll Specialist, Innovative Business Solutions
- Judith Yera-Juarez, Human Resources Manager, Traditional Medicinals