Activities and Resources
Suggested Activities for Mentor-Mentee Partnerships
- Visit the company site.
- Shadow the mentor ("A day in the life of...").
- Observe executives in professional interactions.
- Attend a business meeting, training session or workshop.
- Meet and network with other professionals.
- Attend a professional organization/service club meeting.
- Attend a job fair; direct mentee toward internship and job opportunities.
- Read an industry publication together.
- Engage in career planning.
- Set academic and career goals.
- Construct a professional resume and/or graduate school application.
- Hold a mock interview session (videotape and critique).
- Have a business lunch together.
- Model professional phone etiquette.
- Introduce mentees to SSU alumni in organization.
Resources for Additional Activities
(Mentors may choose to attend these activities with Mentees)
- SSU SBE Career and Internship Expo (November)
- SSU Career Services annual World of Work Fair (February)
- SBE Career Center Workshops: (resume review, cover letter writing, interviewing skills)