Why Choose a Custom Concentration?
The custom concentration is intended for students in one of the two following categories:
The custom concentration is for those students who wish to have a "general" B.S. degree in Business Administration. To complete this concentration a student must, with the approval of a faculty advisor, select five business courses from at least two areas of concentration. Two of the five courses would normally be chosen from among those listed as required within the various concentrations.
The custom concentration is for those students who wish to design a concentration in an area not covered sufficiently within the department. With the approval of the department chair, these students use courses outside of the department to satisfy their custom Business Administration degree. To complete this concentration, five courses, at least 3 units each, should be selected with approval from an advisor and the chair.
Three reasons to choose a custom concentration.
- Create a concentration that is custom to your specific career goals.
- Acquire a unique skill set that is specific to your desired field of interest.
- Focus on topics that are typically not included in the Business Administration curriculum.
Connect with one of our clubs.
The School of Business and Economics offers seven student-run clubs: the Accounting Forum, Economics Association, Finance Club, Management Club, Marketing Club, Sports Business Club and the Wine Sense Club.
Joining a club is an excellent way to meet students with similar interests to your own, learn about different career paths, and create a professional network with the local community. Learn more about how you can join today!
Take the next step!
- Make an appointment with the Department Chair, Terry Lease, to discuss your custom concentration by calling (707) 664-2377.
- Access detailed requirements for completing the custom concentration.