Financial Management Concentration
The financial management concentration is a hybrid between the finance concentration and the accounting concentration. The concentration is intended to provide students who are interested in a career in finance with a stronger background in accounting compared to the finance concentration. The possible career paths for a student with a financial management concentration are the same as those of a finance concentration (see Finance Concentration for details). However, the financial management concentration may better prepare the student for careers such as financial analyst or budget analyst.
Corporate and Public Finance
Financial Analysis; Budget Analysis; Financial Services Broker
Loan Officer; Corporate Credit Analysis; Commercial Lending; Mortgage Loans;
Insurance Underwriter; Claims Analysis; Risk Management; Sales
Personal Financial Planning
Financial Advising; Portfolio Management; Sales; Customer Service
Residential Brokerage; Appraisals; Property Management; Commercial Sales
Corporate Financial Analysis; Equity and Debt; Retail Bond and Equity Sales
Financial Reporting; Cost Accounting; Tax Planning
Take charge of your future!
- Master the financial management concentration requirements.
- Make an appointment with your advisor.
- Join the Finance Club.
- Apply to the Mentor Program.
- Attend the Fall Career and Internship Expo.
- Connect with the industry at the Spring Mixer.
- Explore what you can do with this concentration and get tips on how to land a career.