Department of Economics
Welcome to the Department of Economics!
The Department of Economics is committed to excellence; training students to meet the economic challenges of the future in a wide variety of careers.
The Department strives to achieve three basic objectives:
- to provide a sound grasp of the tools of economic analysis and measurement;
- to provide an understanding of institutional development and the interrelation of economic social factors;
- and to develop students ability to apply systematic analysis and understanding to decision making in the private and public sector.
Each of our economic faculty members have served as practicing economists with public agencies or private firms, and thus bring to their teaching a rich background of practical experience analyzing policy issues and problems. This faculty experience, combined with small classes and close relationships to the North Bay economic community, create a unique learning environment for students.
Consulting; Research: Local, State, and
Federal Government Agencies
Banking and Finance
Financial Analysis, Commercial Banking,
Credit Analysis, Operations Securities
Claims, Underwriting, Risk Management
Person-to-Person and Business-
to-Business sales management in all
Business and industry
Take charge of your future!
- Master the economics requirements.
- Make an appointment with your advisor.
- Join the Economics Association.
- Apply to the Mentor Program.
- Attend the Fall Career and Internship Expo.
- Connect with the industry at the Spring Mixer.
- Explore what you can do with this major and get tips on how to land a career.