Finance Concentration Requirements
1. Complete All Pre-Business Requirements.
- You must have completed all pre-business requirements prior to enrolling in any upper-division (300 and 400 level) courses.
- Make sure you've completed all pre-business requirements here.
2. Complete Six Upper-Division Core Business Classes.
- You must complete all six upper-division core business courses. Core courses may be taken simultaneously with finance concentration courses.
- Access information on the upper-division core business classes.
3. Complete Five Courses From the List Below.
Two Required Courses
- BUS 472 Investments (4 units)
- BUS 474 Computer Applications in Finance (4 units)
Three Additional Courses (Note: Select three courses from Group A OR select two courses from Group A and one course from Group B.)
BUS 377 Financial Institutions or ECON 375 Money and Banking (4 units)
- BUS 385 Special Topics (as relevant, 1-4 units)
- BUS 470 Managerial Finance (4 units)
- BUS 471 Case Studies in Finance (4 units)
- BUS 473 International Finance (4 units)
- BUS 476 Insurance and Risk Management (4 units)
- BUS 330A Intermediate Accounting (4 units)
- BUS 399F Advanced Work Experience in Finance (3-4 units)
- BUS 433B Corporate and Estate Taxation (4 units)
- BUS 475W Wine Accounting and Finance (4 units)
- BUS 499F Internship in Business (3-4 units)
- ECON 311 Public Economics (4 units)
- ECON 317 Introduction to Econometrics (4 units)
Take the next step!