Financial Management Concentration Requirements
1. Complete All Pre-Business Requirements.
- You must have completed all pre-business requirements prior to enrolling in any upper-division (300 and 400 level) courses.
- Make sure you've completed all pre-business requirements here.
2. Complete Six Upper-Division Core Business Classes.
- You must complete all six upper-division core business courses. Core courses may be taken simultaneously with financial management concentration courses.
- Access information on the upper-division core business classes.
3. Complete Five Courses From the List Below. (Note: The coursework will
prepare students for some of the areas covered on the CMA exam.)
Four Required Courses
- BUS 330A Intermediate Accounting (4 units)
- BUS 435 Cost Accounting (4 units)
- BUS 472 Investments (4 units)
- BUS 474 Computer Applications in Finance (4 units)
One Additional Course
- BUS 330B Intermediate Accounting (4 units)
- BUS 377 Financial Institutions or ECON 375 Money and Banking (4 units)
- BUS 437 Governmental Accounting (4 units)
- BUS 470 Managerial Finance (4 units)
- BUS 471 Case Studies in Finance (4 units)
- BUS 473 International Finance (4 units)
- BUS 475W Wine Accounting and Finance (4 units)
- BUS 476 Risk Management and Insurance (4 units)
Take the next step!