Grow your network. Gain hands-on experience. Be a part of the Sonoma State Cellars legacy.
Enroll now in the MBA Wine Experience Series: 525W A & B
These two courses will provide you an opportunity to gain a winery general manager's perspective and experience on building a brand from vine to package, from a front-row industry view in the fall to a hands-on, high-visibility experience in the spring as part of the Sonoma State Cellars team.
In the fall semester, through winery field trips during harvest and crush, with some of the wine industries leaders, from former SSU alumni, to innovative wine industry and technology leaders, you will get an executive-level view of vineyard operations, winemaking, bottling, and final product production. You'll have a completely unique opportunity to see the wine industry from a high functioning business perspective, while enabling you to build relationships and grow your personal network within the industry.
"Sonoma State Cellars is a natural fit for SSU and the Wine Business Institute. This program unites current MBA students with alumni and other influential industry leaders in the community. My involvement with Sonoma State Cellars has provided incredible networking opportunities as well as the honor to participate in the development of this program."
Kim Finnie, MBA Class of 2013
This fall course is a mandatory pre-requisite for the Spring 525W B, in which students work with Kokomo and Wilson wineries to bottle and sell our 3rd vintage of Sonoma State Cellars.
To register for fall (525W A), please Call Londa Leveroni in the office of Extended Education by August 6th, 2013. 707-664-2600. Processing fee: $50.
Field trips will begin prior to the semester start in order to align with harvest and crush schedules. You will be contacted to coordinate scheduling upon registration.
Fall Sample Field Trip Itinerary:
- Foursight, Boonville
- Golden Eye (Duckhorn property), Mendocino County
- Gallo Frei Ranch property, Dry Creek Valley
- Ferrari-Carano, Dry Creek Valley
- The fall 525W A course is equivalent to a one-unit course, but generally offered as non-credit through Extended Education. The spring 525W B course is a regular three-unit MBA course, for which you will register through the School of Business and Economics during spring registration.
- While 525W A is set-up as a non-credit course, credit options may be available.
- There are no prerequisites for the fall course.
- If you take this fall course, you are not required to take the spring course. Students who continue with 525W B will develop a brand strategy to execute in the spring.
- The fall course (525W A) and the four core M.B.A. BUS 540, BUS 570, BUS 580, and BUS 535 - are pre-requisites for the spring course (525W B).
"The main reason I got involved with Sonoma State Cellars was to help set the foundation for what will hopefully be a long term venture for SSU. I've really enjoyed working with fellow students of varying backgrounds on one common goal; to make Sonoma State Cellars widely known and respected in the community."
Matthew Bartlett, MBA Class of 2013
"Sonoma State Cellars is constantly evolving. Every year students like myself contribute in different ways to making this project an exciting and fun way of supporting the Wine Business Program at Sonoma State."
Michael Sipiora, MBA Class of 2013
"Sonoma State Cellars is an excellent program that gives us students the opportunity to gain hands on experience in brand building. This year the inaugural release is extended with a distinctive new product that will certainly be a success. Future students can look forward to an ever amassing growth that could eventually be limitless."
Sergei Troxel, MBA Class of 2013