The Tasting Room Management Certificate
Enroll for the Fall Seminar Courses Today!
The Tasting Room Management Certificate helps prepare you for more responsibility by taking seminars in direct shipping, staffing, marketing, wine club management, data base management, sales, budgeting, and customer relationship management.
The Tasting Room Managment Certificate requires the completion of (3) core courses and (5) electives for a total of (8) half day courses, which can be completed in one semester or at your own pace. The fee is $180 per seminar, or $150 for early bird registration (if you register more than one week before the date of the seminar you are eligible for early bird pricing). If you wish to complete both the Tasting Room Management and the Wine Industry Finance and Accounting Certificates, you can take a total of 14 seminars.
These wine business education seminars are open to the public and may be taken individually or collectively. All seminars are offered at the SSU campus.
- Introduction to Tasting Room Management. December 5th, 8am-12pm
- How to Build a Profitable Wine Club. December 6th, 8am-12pm
- Current and Upcoming Winery Compliance Issues*. December 13th, 8am-12pm
*State Compliance for Direct Shipping or Current and Upcoming Winery Compliance Issues can be taken to fulfill this requirement
Fall Elective Seminars:
- Finance for Non-Finance People. November 1st, 1-5pm
- Social Media and Wine Marketing. November 7th, 1pm-5pm
- Practical Strategies to Increase e-Commerce. November 8th, 1pm-5pm
- Innovative Wine Marketing and Brand Momentum. November 14th, 1pm-5pm
- Wine Trends: What's Hot and Not in the Wine Business. November 15th, 1pm-5pm
- Selling through the Tasting Room. November 22nd, 1pm-5pm
- Wine Marketing Basics. December 5th, 1pm-5pm
- Best Practices for Wineries Using Quickbooks. December 6th, 1pm-5pm
- How to Find the Right Publicist and Make the Most of the PR Experience. December 13th, 1pm-5pm
Spring 2014 Seminars:
- Intro to Tasting Room Management (CORE) Mar 20th, 8am-12pm
- State Compliance for Direct Shipping (CORE) Mar 20th, 1-5pm
- How to Build a Profitable Wine Club (CORE) Mar 26th, 8am-12pm
- How to Create and Execute Successful Winery Events (CORE) Mar 26th, 1-5pm
- Using Quickbooks in the Wine Industry Feb 6th, 1-5pm
- Practical Vineyard Management Mar 12th, 8am-12pm
- Destination Marketing Mar 12th, 1-5pm
- Wine Retailing Mar 13th, 8am-12pm
- Buying and Selling a Winery or Vineyard Mar 19th, 8am-12pm
- Navigating the Regulatory Process for Obtaining a Use Permit for a Winery and Tasting Room Mar 19th, 1-5pm
- Converting your Website to a Mobile Friendly SiteMar 27th, 8am-12pm in Napa
- Selling Through the Tasting Room Mar 27th, 1-5pm in Napa
- Creating Social Media Content Mar 28th, 8am-12pm in Napa
- Modern Wine Sales Channels Mar 28th, 1-5pm in Napa
Grow your career.
Register online. You will need the following information on hand:
- Class Number
- Credit Card
- Social Security Number
To register by phone with a credit card, call Extended Education's customer service at 707-664-2394.
For more information, contact Jessica Heing - Program Coordinator at 707-664-3347