Wine Industry Finance and Accounting
This program gives an overview of the financial and accounting concepts that will enable you to make better business decisions and advance your career. Taught by wine industry professionals in the finance and accounting fields, each seminar is tailored to provide the individual with core concepts that are presented with wine industry examples, giving you the knowledge to immediately apply those principles to your business or organization. Little or no previous experience in finance and accounting is required, but is also for those that have experience as a refresher or to gain wine industry specific applications.
The Wine Industry Finance and Accounting Certificate requires the completion of (4) core courses and (4) electives for a total of (8) half day courses, which can be completed in one semester or at your own pace. The fee is $180 per seminar, or $150 for early bird registration (if you register more than one week before the date of the seminar you are eligible for early bird pricing). If you wish to complete both the Tasting Room Management and the Wine Industry Finance and Accounting Certificates, you can take a total of 14 seminars.
These wine business education seminars are open to the public and may be taken individually or collectively. All seminars are offered at the SSU campus.
- Financial Accounting for the Wine Industry Feb 12th, 8am-12pm
- Calculating the True Cost of your Wine Feb 12th, 1-5pm
- Managerial Accounting for the Wine Industry Feb 13th, 8am-12pm
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Best Practices for Wine Businesses Feb 13th, 1-5pm
- Using Quickbooks in the Wine Industry Feb 5th, 8am-12pm
- Intro to Finance and Accounting for the Wine Industry Feb 6th, 8am-12pm
- Practical Vineyard Management Mar 12th, 8am-12pm
- Destination Marketing Mar 12th, 1-5pm
- Wine Retailing Mar 13th, 8am-12pm
- Buying and Selling a Winery or Vineyard Mar 19th, 8am-12pm
- Navigating the Regulatory Process for Obtaining a Use Permit for a Winery and Tasting Room Mar 19th, 1-5pm
- Converting your Website to a Mobile Friendly Site Mar 27th, 8am-12pm in Napa
- Selling Through the Tasting Room Mar 27th, 1-5pm in Napa
- Creating Social Media Content Mar 28th, 8am-12pm in Napa
- Modern Wine Sales Channels Mar 28th, 1-5pm in Napa
Register for seminars online. You will need the following information on hand:
- Class Number
- Credit Card
- Social Security Number
To register by phone with a credit card, call customer service at 707-664-2394.
For more information, contact Jessica Heing - Program Coordinator at 707-664-3347