Sonoma State University Diversity Vision Statement
We at Sonoma State University strive to create a campus climate in which the will to build trust among people - and groups of people - is widely shared, and opportunities for enhancing diversity and a sense of community are encouraged and supported. We stand committed to fostering and sustaining a pluralistic, inclusive environment that empowers all members of the campus community to achieve their highest potential without fear of prejudice or discrimination.
We strive to build an exemplary educational community characterized by:
- an intellectual environment that is both challenging and nurturing,
- encouragement and support for curriculum and pedagogy dedicated to diversity issues,
- a commitment to social justice and equality,
- a respect for human diversity,
- and a genuine appreciation of how the many differences among us enrich a liberal arts and sciences university.
We encourage every member of our university community to embrace the underlying values of this vision, and to demonstrate a strong commitment to supporting, retaining, and attracting students, faculty, and staff who reflect the diversity of our larger society.
Approved by the Senate 12/13/01