- Lecturer in Sociology
- Ph.D., University of California, Irvine
Office: Stevenson 2084
Areas of Expertise
Urban Development, Urban Policy, Urban Planning, Housing, Research Methods, Program Evaluation
Dr. Ezzet is a faculty member with expertise in urban and regional planning and policy. She earned bachelor degrees in economics and applied math, her M.A. in applied sociology and her Ph.D. in Urban and Regional Planning. Prior to joining SSU, she taught at the University of Texas at Dallas, and at San Jose State University. She also worked at a research center examining the effects of social programs on at risk children and families in San Diego. Her research focuses on quality of life, effects of affordable housing on communities, migration decisions, and urban planning and policy.
In addition, Dr. Ezzet is active in her community, serves as a planning commissioner in her town, and has been active on other local boards and commissions. She has presented her research at the annual meetings of the Urban Affairs Association, the Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning, the American Association of Geographers, and the Regional Science Association International.
- ENSP 405: Environmental Research and Writing
- SOCI 300: Sociological Research Methods
- SOCI 375: Sociological Theory
- SOCI 497: Urban Policy (Special Topics)
- Ezzet-Lofstrom, Roxanne and James Murdoch. 2006. “The Effect of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Units on Residential Property Values in Dallas County.” Williams Review 1(1): 107-124.
- Ezzet-Lofstrom, Roxanne. 2006. “Amenity Valuation and Migration Behavior.” in Carruthers, John I. and Bill Mundy. Editors. Environmental Valuation: Intraregional and Interregional Perspectives, Aldershot: Ahsgate.
- Ezzet-Lofstrom, Roxanne. 2004. “Valuation of Metropolitan Quality of Life in Wages and Rents." Cityscape: A Journal of Policy Development and Research 7(1): 23-39.
- Leslie, Laurel K., John L. Landsverk, Roxanne Ezzet-Lofstrom, Jeanne M. Tschann, Don Slymen, and Ann Garland. 2000. “Children in Foster Care: Factors Influencing Outpatient Mental Health Service Use.” Child Abuse and Neglect 24(4): 465-476.
- Aarons, Gregory A., Sandra A. Brown, Michael T. Coe, Mark G. Myers, Ann F. Garland, Roxanne Ezzet-Lofstrom, Andrea L. Hazen, and Richard L. Hough. 1999. “Adolescent Alcohol and Drug Abuse and Health.” Journal of Adolescent Health 24(6): 412-421.