The Sonoma Student Union Corporation (SSUC), an auxiliary of Sonoma State University (SSU), was dissolved effective June 14, 2013. All of the programs, services—including the Recreation Center—and staffing have been assumed by the University. The Student Union Fee, which supports Campus Recreation and the Student Center, will continue to be collected.
The SSUC was a California “nonprofit public benefit corporation” as well as a campus auxiliary. As such, the dissolution process required collaboration, review, and approval by the offices of the State of California Attorney General and Secretary of State, the SSUC Board of Directors, the SSU President, and the CSU Chancellor.
Documents pertinent to dissolution can be found in the links below. For additional information contact Peter Neville at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The Dissolution Plan. Includes background and objectives as well as Board of Directors Resolutions.
- Most Recent Independent Audit of SSUC, June 30, 2012.
- Certificate of Election to Wind Up and Dissolve—CA Secretary of State.
- Waiver of Objections to Dissolution Plan—CA Attorney General’s Office.
- Approval by CSU Chancellor Timothy White.
Notice of SSUC Status as Dissolved—CA Secretary of State.Attachment Sec St web capture 6-14-13