Interactive Theater Project (ITP) Actor
Title: Interactive Theater Project (ITP) Actor
Department: Summer Orientation, Academic Affairs
Position Offered: Student Assistant
Compensation: Competitive stipend, on-campus accommodations for training and Orientation sessions, partial meal plan.
The purpose of the Interactive Theater Project (ITP) is to address issues of bystander behavior in a way that allows the audience to be a part of the performance. ITP uses the skit "Just Another Party" to bring awareness to sexual assault prevention and the bystander's role. ITP actors work closely with fellow students and staff facilitators to present "Just Another Party" to incoming First year students during Summer Orientation. During the presentation the audience has the ability to come on to the stage to change the outcome of the skit.
Attend all rehearsals with fellow ITP members the last five weeks of the Spring 2013 semester and prior to the start of and during Summer Orientation.
An ITP actor will perform roles that may require situations that involve kissing, pretending to drink/be drunk, dancing, use of foul language and verbally conveying the aftermath of a sexual assault situation. Basic acting skills are needed as well as the ability to be able to improvise on the spot when incoming freshmen are provided the opportunity to interact with the scenario and actors. In addition actors will need to be able to memorize the script.
Attend all evening performances at summer orientation, one per session, performing the "Just Another Party" skit for incoming freshmen.
4. Team Work
The ITP cast will grow together building upon the skit, its material and their group dynamics. The cast will also need to come together and bond as a team so that they can work with each other to improve their improvisation and acting skills.
5. Subject Matter
An ITP actor requires an open mind and will need to display sensitivity and an understanding for the subject matter.
It is a fun, challenging and rewarding experience for the actor and audience.
- Mature, self-motivated, quick learner
- Basic Acting Skills
- Cannot be a Summer Orientation Leader
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Completion of University 238 course having earned a B or better. A similar course of parallel gateway leadership experience may be substituted for this requirement
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 & minimum semester GPA of 2.0 and in good standing with the University. Must be currently enrolled at SSU with a minimum of 6 units for Fall 2013.
- Be able to attend Pre-Service on Friday, April 5, 2014 from 4:30 pm- 6:30 pm
How to Apply for this Position:
1. Go to www.sonoma.edu/studentaffairs/leadership to access all job descriptions. Beginning November 4st, go to the same website to access and submit your online application.
2. Attend an Information Session. Dates are listed online at the website listed above.
3. Sign up for the Foundations of Leadership Class, UNIV 238.
4. Submit the application online by 4:30pm on Friday, January 31, 2014
5. Sign up January 29, February 5, 2014 on-line for group process and individual interviews.
Questions about the ITP Actor position should be addressed to the following coordinator:
Colleen Mahoney, Orientation Coordinator, 707-664-4405